16:17:00

<b>Kuching</b> MP caught in Bible crossfire | Hornbill Unleashed


<b>Kuching</b> MP caught in Bible crossfire | Hornbill Unleashed

Posted: 14 Oct 2014 05:00 PM PDT

Chong Chieng Jen300Joe Fernandez

He also lauded the Sarawak government's firm stand against federal agencies from Peninsula Malaysia making attempts to convert Christians in the state to Islam.

Chong Chieng Jen was interrupted several times by Barisan Nasional (BN) MPs in Parliament on Tues when debating the Budget speech.

Putatan MP Marcus Mojigoh wanted the Opposition to produce proof that the Bible had been burnt.

"During the general election, the opposition showed pictures where a vote for BN equals to a burnt Bible," he lamented. "Tell me, have any copies been burnt?"

Marcus was in fact needled by an earlier statement by Shah Alam MP Khalid Samad that BN MPs from Sabah and Sarawak, where the population is majority Christian, remained silent in the face of threats.

Khalid cited one by Perkasa Chief Ibrahim Ali to burn the Bible and the Attorney General's take that the latter was only defending Islam and therefore the question of prosecuting him does not arise.

Kapit MP Alexander Nanta Linggi claimed that Sarawak MPs were only being "disciplined in not playing up sensitive issues".

He pointed out that the Sarawak Government had already banned Ibrahim and others like him from entering the state.

"If Shah Alam (Khalid) behaves like Ibrahim, he too will be banned, but so far, not yet," warned Alexander.

Khalid rose up to suggest that Sarawak ban Umno from the state.

"We all know that Umno is a party that plays on racial politics," he said before being shouted down by BN MPs.

The rest of his remarks were drowned by BN MPs accusing him of "trying to sow discord between the two Borneo nations and the peninsula".

Chong, resuming his speech on the budget, said he supported the Sarawak government barring Ibrahim, and was also behind Khalid on the need for BN MPs to speak out against bigotry in the peninsula.

"The only way the government can redeem itself is to charge Ibrahim in court and withdraw its statement defending Ibrahim," said Chong. "Or else, the government will be seen as encouraging religious extremism."

The Kuching MP also lauded the Sarawak government's firm stand against federal agencies from Peninsula Malaysia making attempts to convert Christians in the state to Islam.

"I urge the federal government under Umno and BN to respect the rights of Sarawakians and do not try to create havoc among different religious groups in Sarawak," he said. "Do not export your extremism to Sarawak."

The Grand Unveiling of The Veil Wedding Gallery, <b>Kuching</b> | My <b>...</b>

Posted: 08 Sep 2014 04:57 AM PDT

Saturday, 6th September 2014

I've been looking forward for this since about a week ago when I was approached by Events Horizon and was invited to the opening of The Veil Wedding Gallery in Kuching. When I looked at the program tentative that was lined up for the Grand Unveiling day, I was pretty excited because I got the chance to meet Amber Chia live in person during that day. Sweet!

Check out their program tentative:

Program schedule for the 6th September

Program schedule for the 6th September

Despite having to attend the event after working on a midnight shift on the night before, I'm pretty excited to go since its not everyday you can really explore a wedding gallery and at the same time having the chance to meet a supermodel.

The Veil Wedding Gallery is located at No.8, Jalan Tan Sri Ong Kee Hui, 93300 Kuching, Sarawak. The location of the venue which is situated opposite of the SUPP building really makes it easy to find. Driving to the venue was pretty easy since you will never miss this signage on their gallery.

The Veil Wedding Gallery unique signboard

The Veil Wedding Gallery unique signboard

The massive Grand Unveiling banner

The massive Grand Unveiling banner

Reaching there quite early (around 9.45am), I got the chance to roam around the premise before anyone else. Of course there were other staffs that arrived earlier then I am, but among guests I can say I'm the first to arrive. Woohoo!

As the clock reached 10am, the guests arrived one after the other. I was informed by the staff that today's Grand Unveiling and invitation is limited only for VIPs, close friends and relatives of The Veil Wedding Gallery. Immediately I feel like a VIP roaming the gallery here and there while hoarding my cameras HAHA. Owh! I was shouldering both my Canon 60D and my Olympus STYLUS 1 that day. Any wide angle or social media updates will be taken using the STYLUS 1. Meanwhile, the 60D is for more detail and post event updates. Just like those posted here (mostly).

As I walked around the gallery, I found a secret place where most of the guests might overlook. Its a porch where all the flower bouquets and balloons were kept from the last soft opening. The flowers were still fresh and colorful. I literally stop and smell the roses there.

My secret hiding place. Well, not that secret anymore.

My little secret hiding place. Well, not that secret anymore.

After spending quite an hour outside the gallery, I make my way inside and explore what they have in display. Upon stepping into the gallery, my eyes quickly found an interest on the flower decoration panel they put next to to the stairs.

A beautiful flower decorated panel on the entrance hallway

A beautiful flower decorated panel on the entrance hallway

Took a couple of snaps here then I move to their collections section. When I saw their gown collection, I went OMG! There are a lot to choose from and all of them are amazingly beautiful. I was mesmerized by the collection. I sat on the couch and just took my time admiring the designs of the gowns.

Among the gowns in the collection. These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Among the gowns in the collection. These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Look at those details. So beautiful.

Look at those details. So beautiful.

Oh My. Check out these details.

Oh My. Check out these details.

I'm a guy, yet I'm still feel stunned just by looking at the designs of these gowns. I can't imagine if I'm a girl, it will took me days to browse all these collection before I can decide which one is the perfect for me. Well, luckily I came here alone and not with my girlfriend (if I have any), or else I will have to write down a checklist for what to prepare for the wedding day *shiver…shiver*

Unfortunately, there's not much to choose for the men's section. Understandable, men are the 'bridegroom'. Wedding day is all about the girl (bride). Everyone wants to see the bride and what she wears and what she dresses herself with. The gown, the veil, the jeweleries, the shoes, the accessories, its all about that big day for her. Men on the other hand is to complete the bride. Hence, the name 'bridegroom'. True story right guys? LOL.

Suits and umbrellas. Mens only choice haha

Suits and umbrellas. Mens only choice haha

It doesn't take me long to realize that the men's section is a simple collection of black and white suits or tuxedo. This will do after all. No complains here, guys are simple and basically matches all. :)

The next section will be the second most likely to be the favorite. Its the wedding shoes section. Depending on which gown you choose and where you want to have your wedding reception at, these collection of shoes will be you favorite stop.

Among the selection of shoes on display

Among the selection of shoes on display

By the time I'm done with my browsing, it is already time for the first workshop for the day. It is the 'Choosing The Perfect Gown' by Benjamin Toong and Swing Chan. Benjamin Toong is a very well known catwalk guru at Amber Chia Academy, meanwhile Swing Chan is a very well know runaway stylist and event producer.

The private workshop of how to choose the perfect gown

The private workshop of how to choose the perfect gown

Gown selection must match your body measurement

Gown selection must match your body measurement

A really interesting workshop for wannabe wedding couples. Lots of tips on how to chose the right gown and matching the right colors for each wedding occasion. How to pick the right gown design based on your body proportion and how to select the right accessories to match the gown. Owh! Did you know that by knowing the color of your vein, you can understand your own personality weather you are a warm person or a cool person? Yup, Swing Chan reveal the secret during the workshop. If you are a warm person, what kind of colors will suit your personality and vice versa are also revealed that day. That is some awesome information sharing.

By the time the workshop finish, it was already 2pm. I decided to skip the second workshop and fashion show and give way to my friend to continue. You can check her entry at sweetsurrender99.com.my and read what she have to share.

For more information about The Veil Wedding Gallery, you can contact them as follows:

E-mail: info@theveil.com.my

Phone: (6082) 256 828

Address: No.8, Jalan Tan Sri Ong Kee Hui, 93300 Kuching, Sarawak.

. Tags: